Yep, a whole week has gone by without a new post. It's been a very tiring week, much worse than usual. Possibly because of Memorial Day holiday with the kennel being quite full and the kennel assistants not available....Then I worked Tuesday on my day off because of the number of dogs going home, Wednesday trained my new assistant, Thursday nuts and now it's Friday! And my day off!
Anna and I started by sanding/painting a little in the spare room that Anna has been kind enough to work on. Two layers of carpet were pulled up Wednesday - that were still damp from cat urine and whatever. Yuck! Lots of Spackle yesterday (thanks Anna again) and today some paint. It will definitely need a second coat, and even then Jacky may need to put a skim layer of plaster on it and paint again... One step at a time!
Then its off to Northfield to spend some time with my mother and Anna. Fun day! Delicious Mexican Food! Good shopping! Lots of traffic! Excellent company!!!!!
Back early so Anna can go see the movie Snow White with Emily Peterson.
After being glared at by an oriole at the window, I decided to check the feeders. Horror of Horrors! All the grape jelly in both feeders absolutely gone! So I hurried to put fresh oranges on and loads of grape jelly. Also filled other feeders with sunflower seeds, nuts for the red headed woodpecker, and suet for the woodpeckers. Tomorrow fresh sugar water for the hummingbirds...
Feeding time. Anna bought grazing muzzles for the ponies to keep them from getting so fat on grass. I wanted to take the muzzles off for the night to give them a break. Weellll ponies aren't completely gullible and suspected I wanted them inside for an ulterior motive (even if it was in their best interest). FINALLY we got them inside and fed. I left them in so we can catch them in the morning to put the muzzles back on.
Ladybug here has had her mane "roached", or cut off, because it is so thick. If you look close you can see a very large belly area that shouldn't be there!
Dove is always hoping for another treat! She likes to come inside because she has horrible allergies and is itchy everywhere. She spends all day scratching parts of her and she actually has sores all over her body from scratching on metal and trees...
I had to water some plants. We've been cool and rain y this week but there's a few things just planted that need extra care.
My new hazelnut bushes from Arbor Day. They are tiny now but are supposed to grow to 8-10 feet and be a great wildlife nesting area, windbreak, snowfence...and will give me hazelnuts! I hope they grow. The fencing by the way is to protect the tender plants from the geese.. and husbands with lawn mowers...
Lovely night, the moon was already out and I got some nice pictures of both barns with the moon above.
Time to eat a little chicken dish, finish Big Bang and get to bed. One last picture of my baby maple tree. It has it's first red leaf at the top!








No comments:
Post a Comment