Busy day at work. Today's the hottest day of the year so far - 95 degrees. The clinic is air conditioned so I almost don't want to go home!
Lots of surprises when I get tp work. Lola, a black Havenese that just got picked up from boarding Saturday, came in yesterday (my day off) on emergency. It looks like she ate a little rat poison and had to have a blood transfusion. I don't know about yesterday, but one of Pam's labs often serves as blood donor. Lola was doing good today and went home.
There was a pitbull from the Humane Society here too as an emergency. Partway through the morning, I watched as the dog stood up, collapsed, and died. We were all upset, as you can imagine. The owner surrendered the dog to the Humane Society because he came home and found the dog breathing funny and couldn't afford care. He had just gotten out of jail and the dog had been staying at the shelter until he was released. It looks like the dog was hit by a car and had bleeding in the lungs.
Not a good day for anyone- I spent it running around, answering phones, shipping amoxicillin, dealing with a witch of a cat who needed blood drawn....Sometimes I feel I don't get anything done. Oh well.
Fed all the birds when I got home. I really should water the garden again but it's too hot. My little chicks in the basement are growing and adore chopped eggs. Maybe I'll get a picture soon. Anna now leaves tomorrow after we bale hay. She goes north of St. Cloud for 4 days with her horse for training clinic. Wish I could go but I have a dog training class Monday and didn't think about taking off until too late.
Yesterday went to town with Emma, and then went horse back riding with Anna at Waseca County Courthouse Park. Much better than Saturday but SueBee still panics....
Better go , it's late. More another time!
No comments:
Post a Comment