Anna was playing with Ladybug and teaching her how to pull a cart. She's made great strides and is pretty calm. I got my first ride while Anna walked alongside with the reins. It was awesome!
I know, Lady needs to lose a few pounds....So do most of us!
Filled all the bird feeders again. I must say, that Balimore Oriole is becoming one of my favorites, The other day I actually had two catbirds eating the grape jelly too! I had to look them up because I'm not familiar with them up close. They have a very subtle rust color under their tails. Not easy to see in the trees, but you can when they're on the feeder!
Bet you didn't know they were so pretty either!
Garden time!I am behind on planting but we're getting there. Finished my third raised bed and put the transplants in - tomatoes, hot pepper, petunias. Planted sweet corn, pole beans, more purple potatoes, yellow squash.Jacky tilled up the other half (he had to kill the weeds first). so I will have more garden to plant in about a week.
The fence is up to keep dogs, geese, and horses out! (yes, it's been a problem in the past - I had to get rid of a goose egg laid here last week).Oh yes, the animal angle...the dogs played in the hay field while I planted.
Picked the first strawberries today. Some were already kind of mushy but there's lots more to come. The snow fence is surrounding the bed - it doesn't look pretty but it saves the strawberries from the geese. As Jacky and I were sitting on the front steps enjoying the evening, Jacky told me it was a full moon tonight and they called it on the tv the "strawberry moon". Very appropriate I'd say!
It's a little dark, but here's our Strawberry Moon:




No comments:
Post a Comment