The weather was absolutely beautiful today! High in the upper 60's maybe? I spent almost the whole day outside in the garden. Planted watermelon, cantaloupe, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, marigolds....The I watered everything..The garden is looking good,and the weeds are beginning to appear. Now I really must start hoeing after work every night.
I know it doesn't look like much now but this is the before picture in the before and after pictures! When the garden is knee deep in weeds, I can look back on this pictures and .....*sigh*.
I had to "water" the animals which, in the summer, can be several times a day. The horses trough was empty so I cleaned and filled it. As you can see from the pictures, the horses aren't the only ones who enjoy the water...
After I filled the trough, the horses came over to see who was messing up their water. Bryn got out and started stalking/herding the horses. They mostly ignore her but the potential for her getting kicked is there, as well as a horse getting hurt so I discourage this behavior. However, I did happen to have my camera so here's a picture of a border collie crouch (somewhat, she kept moving)
I called her off and treated her to her favorite thing - water! Bryn and Trixie love the hose - Bryn to the point of biting my hand holding the hose! It does cool them off....
Can't forget the cats who helped me too. Here's Leia keeping cool in the asparagus-
We went out to eat at Wedgewood Cove tonight for Jacky's 60th birthday which is tomorrow. Emma's not with us - still in the cities visiting a friend. The pasta was delicious as always. Had to go tonight since it's pasta night on Tuesdays. Don't know what we'll do tomorrow!
Finally a last picture of my dogs heading to the house with me. It's something I see all the time but probably not many people do! Happy dogs, happy Lori !







No comments:
Post a Comment