| Wild cats |
The other animals were all old dogs. Every one was hard because the dogs were all well loved members of the family. Lots of tears were shed. The first dog was the hardest for me - a German Shepherd. When I walked into the room, she came over wagging her tail and greeting me. Then she took my hand in her mouth - just like Traeh takes feet (shoes) in her mouth when she's happy. It's still better to put them down while they still are somewhat happy instead of in pain. So many people wait far too long for selfish reasons. I hope I don't have a day like that again...
| Traeh |
One fun thing - Jen had to check a cow's sutures since she'd had a prolapsed uterus which had to be sewn in. I was able to take a peak at her and her calf but didn't get a picture. I am showing you what they looked like though - Miniature Herefords!!!! This picture shows the size of the cow and calf. Wish I had had some of those little guys!
| Miniature Hereford Cow Calf pair |
| Regular size Hereford Cow Calf pair
Thursday:
Surgery day - cat neuter, dental on Miniature Schnauzer, dog neuter. Just a busy busy day. Pam and Emily are on vacation. Mike home sick, Holly left mid day sick. The boarding kennel is full this weekend and I had to clean kennels in the middle of the day just to put surgery dogs in. It's getting hot so I may put up the tarp over the outdoor runs to cool the concrete off a little. Problem is the wind usually picks up at some point and rips it up. Here at home, Jacky surprised me by putting in the window AC unit at lunchtime. So I came home to a cool downstairs. It was wonderful! Last night was a tad warm and I didn't get enough sleep with the warm temps and Trixie barking - probably at the kittens.
Tomorrow is even less people at work - Holly if she's better, Megan, Karla and me. I'll have 9 dogs coming in to board on Saturday so lots of paper work to do before then!
|
Hi Lori - You are busy at work again. I would not have liked yesterday either. Sad for everyone! Stay cool, if you can............
ReplyDelete