Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thursday

Busy, busy day. But there was one big change - the humidity went down! It was already so much more comfortable than yesterday that I hated having to start early at work. Usually I like to feed the outside birds in the morning, and water if I have time. Not today! Plus Holly was still sick so Beth got to join me to open up

My 2 surgeries didn't show up, again, so I got to sit at the front desk answering the phone and helping clients. That was ok, with Holly gone and it being Thursday, I was the logical choice. Pam was appointment tech and Beth had a lot to do away from the desk. My 2 surgeries were the same owner as last week who forgot last week. He has a litter of sled dogs he 'rescued' and they are all now old enough to get fixed. Last week was two boys and today was supposed to be one boy and one girl. Since he forgot again, we fit his boy in for tomorrow and had to put off his girl until next week. He will have quite a vet bill when he's all done!

Had a short lunch and stayed late....and I have to open up tomorrow again as Holly is still sick. She has a viral infection that may last 2 or 3 weeks! Hope she doesn't spread it around. Dr. Jen and Sharon helped some too but it still was a long day. When I drove up the driveway, I noticed that Jacky had finally started cutting hay. Yay! It may not be the best hay since it's so tall and is heading out, but you can't get good hay by leaving it alone. Jacky thinks it will take several days to totally dry down this time. If the weather is right, we sometimes bale in 3 days.

Jacky's in the background on the tractor cutting. He's wearing his new ear protectors he got for Christmas and he says they work great!

I discovered the strawberries have quietly been getting ripe while the rain and humidity have kept me inside.

Luckily I only missed a few so we may have strawberries with sugar and cream tonight! I had to step carefully to avoid this lovely fat toad. I think he brings Good Luck!

When I was done picking, I had to put the fence up, mainly to keep the geese out (who already ate all my broccoli plants...). You'll notice Trixie keeping an eye on things. She is not above snacking on strawberries either. Also look at how the plants are creeping out into the yard. Less to mow I guess!

 

Traeh is also watching. She loves being outside but gets tired easily. I think she's doing great though. She even runs sometimes! She's already lived three times as long as we thought she would once she was diagnosed with Degenerative Mylopathy.

Pretty Torenia flowers. Some plants have survived...

Also picked my two peony flowers. I hope the cats leave them alone. Now I wish I had more peony plants!

Now maybe a couple of strawberries before I head to bed. It's getting late and I have an early wake up call!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment