Saturday, April 27, 2013

Try Again

Just lost the post I was writing. Stupid laptop. I have to use the laptop for the blog so I can put photos in. But then the laptop freezes and I lose the last 30 minutes of my life. Humpf!
On Wednesday I was in Albert Lea for pet food and lunch. I drove back to work by way of Fountain Lake and I was surprised by all the birds there. Apparantly the ice is gone finally so the migrating birds are showing up. Yay! I was able to get some photos and add some species to my bird list. These birds are more used to people so I was closer than with the swans.
Here's the White Pelican - they stay all summer. It's fun to be at the bank and have 3 or 4 fly overhead. Not over my farm!


This next picture was my bonus. I was concentrating on the pelicans (who wouldn't, they're so big!), that it wasn't until I looked at my photo that I realized I had a Red-Breasted Merganser male in the front!!!!!


So exciting. I of course have to look these birds up before I know what they are. Here's a close up from the internet -

Harle huppé - Mergus serrator

I didn't have my binoculors with me and I plan on going back next week with them. I also got pictures of double-crested cormorants and a ring-billed gull. Not as exciting!

















Been super busy at work this week. Crazy in fact. Worked 13 hours Thursday because we had a vaccination clinic stating at 4:30 too. Much too long a day!!!!! Exploratory surgeries - both successful. Pulled a plastic sack out of an English Setter and a small felt toy out of a Himalyan cat. Those can be very exciting, when successful. With the vaccination clinics and Coggins for horses, Holly and Megan are busy at the back so I usually have to sit at the front desk. and its been super busy with phones, clients, ....Only bad one was a phone call from a client who was doped up on meds (his words). We took him to small claims court a few years ago and he's never payed his bill. We think he was trying to get a loan and couldn't because of it and he was yelling and calling me nasty names. I don't handle that very well. Sorry to say, after the diplomacy didn't work, I just hung up. Megan answered next but I would not talk to him again. She ended up hanging up on him too. Oh well. Mike said, pay your bills, and you wouldn't have these problems! Guess I would NOT be a good accountant if I had to deal with people like that all the time.
Today we go help Anna move. Aren is going to meet us and bring his kitten Truely so I can get her spayed. Should be fun, it's a beautiful day and we're going to eat at Schlocskys. Can't spell it but love to eat it! Better go get ready...

1 comment:

  1. Love your bird pictures. Did not know you could see all that in Albert Lea. Beautiful for a drive to Duluth. Hope you had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete