Yuck. Rain today. High of 36ish? Right now the wind is howling and it's wet. Poor Uli with his bandage on will now have to have a plastic bag wrapped around his leg everytime he goes outside. And we know how much dachsie's love rain...He's also started chewing on the bandage so I had to go to town and get him an elizabethan collar. As you can tell, he just loves it...
Busy day again. I had Tony come in this morning to clean the barn. Of course, after it was all washed, we had pigs come in for surgeries. Oh well, that's the way it goes.
Went to town for pet food and lunch. Got stopped for a train and took pictures of Ed's place. He raises alpalcas and is a client of ours. I've looked on his website and he sells these fluffy creatures for thousands of dollars each! Many people have lost money breeding alpalcas and llamas. I guess he's found a way.
And just for ancestor's sake, I took a picture of the train I was waiting on...
Work was work. The box Brandi and I shipped out Monday came back Tuesday all busted up. My gallon of 'slick' (vaginal lubricant) had broken open and soaked the box. It was not a lot of fun to clean up. So I had to repackage and send out again. It's not the first time - sometimes they are really rough with the boxes (take note shippers!). Helped with the 4 pigs this morning. One of them had 'swine lice' so I had fun collecting a few, putting them in formaldehyde, and looking at them under the microscope. Always the scientist!
Here's 3 of the pigs - lanced abcesses in 2 of them, repaired ruptures in two.
Poor Uli! I don't like to see the lice. Interesting job you have at times, Lori!
ReplyDelete