I've been playing on my new iPad. Yep, Jacky brought me one from work - a refurbished one. I've been having trouble for a long time with the internet on my laptop and Jacky thought this would be a good fix. I've had a lot of fun exploring it - namely looking at and downloading apps (my first apps!). I found a nice one from National Geographic on National Parks - it gives directions, maps,- nice. But I also downloaded an ap on Peterson Bird Feeder Field Guide. It has the same pages as my book field guide, as well as the song of the birds, the maps, a life check list, a daly birding log...neat!!!! So I did some 'sofa' birding with my app and added a daily log today; chickadee, starling, grackle, junco, hairy woodpecker, downy woodpecker. But it was raining all day so I thought that was pretty good.
Forgot the other day to tell you about seeing a small flock of snow geese flying low overhead while I was on the road. I wsn't sure what they were until I got home but there's no mistake. The underside is all white except for the black wingtips. Beautiful! and no,this is not my picture. I haven't seen blue skies in forever!
Yesterday was our first vaccination clinic of the year - we will have three all together. My job is taking money. Just Holly and I do this but it takes time. I have to check what they need and write the prices down. Then I have to add up all the taxable products they are getting (vaccinations are not taxed) and figure out the tax. This is all done with a hand calculator. If they're getting a Rabies vaccination, I get a tag out and write down the number on their sheet. I also check to see if there's any information missing ( like phone number, weight of pet..). I take their money - cash, check, or if that's all they have, credit card and send them to the next station. whick is where the vet gives the vaccinations or takes blood for a heartworm test. No real dogfights - I caught one loose golden retriever and helped Mike give a shot to a cat in a livetrap in the backseat of the clients car (the cat was tame - the owner just used the livetrap to carry the cat to clinic. Earlier years she brought them in onion sacks!). Plus I opened up - before 7 and the clinic was from 9 - 1. After clean-up, we had a pot luck. I brought lemon bars and pumpkin bars. After that I was done. Bushed. Jacky had to work yesterday morning too so we both made our way home and chilled.
that's when Jacky surprised me with the iPad so I spent last evening setting up everything.
Another busy week. Brandi is there interning almost all the time I am - it's hard trying to think of things for her to do when it's slow in clinic for all of us. Other techs are upset when they don't have enough to do as is and I have to give jobs to Brandi. Oh well. Tuesday night is the Horse Vaccination Clinic and Holly and I are the only techs that will work that. Lots to get ready for tomorrow then.
Until the next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment