Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Equine Vaccination Clinic

Well, first there's the new signs of Spring. We had lovely sunshine today and all the animals enjoyed it to the max. Here's the dogs all trying to share the same pillow in the sun -


That's Candy, Zoey, Uli, Gerite and Teddi. Magic came and stood there for a minute looking for a spot but she gave up... Outside was just the same - 





After enjoying cleaning the horse barns and filling up the bird feeders, it was on to the Equine Vaccination Clinic. We didn't have a huge turnout - maybe people were having trouble getting their trailers out of mud! 
It went well though...good for another year.





In the top picutre you can see my table. I refill syringes, take used needles off and put new needles on, label serum separator tubes that will hold the horses' blood for their Coggins Test. Sometimes I have to move out of the way really quick if there's a 'fractious' horse. Not today though. In the middle picture is Dan with his Belgium Draft horses. Dan is a good 6'3". Look how tall he is next to his horses...I love to look at Draft horses. Don't want any - they eat a lot and poop a lot! But they are really spectacular animals.
Well, it's clean up time tomorrow. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. My, I had to read 3 blogs this morning. You've done very well. Loved all the pictures and the information.

    ReplyDelete