Sunday, April 28, 2013

More Birds

Beautiful day. Did a little work outside so we could enjoy the weather. I got a geraniam basket yesterday and Jacky has figured out how to hang it outside the window (high) so the hummingbirds will be safe when they visit the flowers. In order to figure that out though, we took a trip to Home Depot where there is a pond outside the store. Well, wouldn't you know there were ducks in there and Jacky was kind enough to  turn around and pull over so I could get pictures. It looks like I'm adding another species to my list!

These boys are Greater Scaup Ducks! There were females too but they're not as pretty :)


Yes, this is my picture which I cropped. It is dark - I guess because the camera was aimed at the water and had no sky showing. I don't think it's bad!
The dogs are all asleep after being out in the fresh air, and then getting their tummies filled. It sure is nice to have contented puppies. Although....Zoey woke me at 6:15 (hey - I was supposed to sleep in today!), and later ran off twice! Not off the property but I still had to walk her down both times because she refuses to come. I just hate to tie her up when I'm outside and the weather is soooo nice. Her nose gets her into trouble I think (as well as her stubborness!).
Moved Anna to her temperary house yesterday. Aren came down from Duluth and helped. She has a Lot of Stuff! Although not nearly as much as Aren :) This house is really nice, as is the house she will move into end of May. Her second house (end of May one) she can have Magic. She is so excited. I admit it will be very strange to not have Magic here. Zoey will be going to Heather's in May sometime too. Hey - under 10 dogs!!!!
Can't find home for Gitana the llama. The lady I hoped would take her (for 4H kids in Austin) has so many she herself is trying to sell some. Soooo Gitana can stay - and Will if Heather doesn't want him. Jack will go to her though. he's not very social anyway - with other llamas.



Aren brought his kitten (now cat) to me yesterday - Truely. I will take her to work tomorrow to be spayed. She definately doesn't remember this house or me yet. Humpf! I bottlefed her and everything! She is very scared and I will have to try to find her hiding place in the morning before work. I have her in Emma's room right now - the dogs bother her since she doesn't live with any right now. But I believe there's a rip in Emma's mattress....all I know is it's a REALLY good hiding place!
Rain coming again but we sure enjoyed the weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Very nice blog again. Yes, Sunday was a beautiful day. Don't like what comes tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete