First of all, I wish I could take such beautiful bird pictures like those on my last post. Second of all, I'm glad this day is over. It was full of barking dogs, pigs, pigs and more pigs, and barking dogs. Just a few pictures - it was a long day...
This is Maggie, who swallowed a rock. It was a very long surgery - probably 2 hours - and I hope she makes it. I didn't help in the surgery at all but I thought you should see this sad girl.
We had an 'emergency semen collection'. Yes, that is what said. A lady from Idaho had used Kim's stallion, "Gunner", to breed her mare (his semen, sent fed ex). I guess it didn't take and she was 'open', meaning she didn't get bred. Well, now she's almost ready so they need the semen ASAP. Here's a picture of Gunner on his poster (I had trouble finding time to take a picture myself)...
I did help a little with the collection (of semen). Gunner is a fantastic stallion - wonderful disposition and gorgeous! We get him 'excited' with a mare in heat, and then he runs to this dummy and mounts it. Underneath is a collection device but it is kind of complicated...
I don't want to talk about all the pigs we did surgery on, or the ones we did necropsies on. Instead I'm going to tell you about when I got home. I am super tired tonight but my most popular hummingbird feeder was empty so I filled it and then sat on the steps and dead headed my new pansies and Johnny Jump Ups. All around me was the buzzing (whirring?) of hummingbirds. It took them about 3 minutes to come back to the feeder once I filled it. Aren't the flowers beautiful?





No comments:
Post a Comment