Most of my morning was spent shaving down "Sammy" , a rescue Australian Shepherd. She has only been in her new home since Oct - was found wandering the streets of Clarks Grove. She had a very thick under coat and it took me 2 hours to get through it. She may look funny now, but she is a lot cooler I guarantee!
No embarassing picture of her today though, just too busy!
Mostly my exciting news today is the birds that came to my feeders tonight after the rain.....Indigo Buntings!!!!! Some of my coworkers have been bragging about the ones they have, and now I can brag back! Never had them here before. I counted at least 3 males. The females are brown and look like sparrows a little so I didn't identify them (poor lady birds..) Here's one of my pictures of the birds in my blooming cherry tree. It's fuzzy because of the distance but at least I have proof!
Then here's a picture from a better photographer with a fancier camera...

The feeders were all busy - the thistle socks have had as many as 9 or 10 goldfinches on them at a time, plus goldfinches on the ground under the mixed seed feeder, and a few at the sunflower feeder! We've all commented how many goldfinches there are this year. But my hummingbird feeders were the most busy with three male Baltimore orioles fighting and at least one female. One busy little hummingbird kept getting pushed out of his feeder so he's was a little put out. I found out part of the reason - all the grape jelly and oranges had been eaten up. I refilled everything so they should be happy first thing tomorrow.
You are really getting great birds this year. I have never seen the Indigo Bunting.
ReplyDelete