Some cool things in bottles (roundworms, whip worms, horse teeth, ticks, bladder stones...the usual), xrays of things in stomachs like fishing weights and earrings, broken and pinned legs, buckshot in a dogs legs....
then on to the boarding kennels to see the dogs ( and rev them up a bit, the noise was deafening). Finally, a stop back in the exam room to get a bag full of goodies like coloring books and animal crackers. Success!
Listening to John Denver on Public Television. Ahhhh, I've missed his music. I know all these songs by heart - unlike the ones now.
Birds are coming back. Yesterday was the bright goldfinch. Holly told me at work the orioles are back so today I rushed back to put out my grape jelly. I saw 2 male rose breasted grosbeaks in the maple tree. I hope they stay. The red headed woodpecker has been flying back and forth to the bottom pasture and the flickers have been fighting over territory. I think Spring is finally here!
Finally, I have a temporary singing partner who has been enjoying John Denver songs with me. I said yes to boarding a cockatiel for 11 days. We have boarded this clients birds - about 5 years ago. But my kennel assistant has no bird experience and there's no time to teach her before the weekend so I brought "Rudy" home. He's safe in Emma's room so the cats don't get too friendly with him.Wish I could have him out with us. At least he can hear John and chirp along with him!
Ahh shades of Connecticut when I listened to John Denver. I miss those times - walking in the woods behind the house, picnicing by the lakes, visiting the shore, riding my bike past acres of trees. Special times. "Sunshine On My Shoulders Makes Me Happy..."
John Denver's Rocky Mountains
Finally looked at your blog. That was a small group of kids. Bet that they really liked it. Nice memories of Ct. I too liked John Denver's songs. I did not know that you took care of birds too. Good Blog!!!
ReplyDelete