Sunday, July 29, 2012

Back to business

Having taken a week off for my Aunt Kat's funeral in Texas, I am now trying to get back into the pattern of writing you again. The week in Texas was wonderful, even if it was for a funeral. To see all the family again, be back in Seguin, eat real Texas food... Kat will be sorely missed though. She was a wonderful, caring person. Here's a couple of pictures from Texas;

Mother and Chip waiting to eat at Casa Rio
Kim celebrating her birthday!



Casa Rio on the River walk, San Antonio



Pear Cactus Margarita



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Today was spent relaxing some, getting a few things done. I had to go to the clinic this morning - dogs and cat in the treatment area to be taken care of. We were over booked so I decided to do it this way. I had also promised Larry, Max's owner, I would let him pick up his dog this morning. I'm not supposed to do it but Larry travels as a travel guide and was gone for 2 weeks in Alaska. He leaves in a week again for 2 weeks and Max is his only family. One more day with his buddy home with him makes me feel good. It also helps keep clients coming back!
Back at home I made a great lunch - spaghetti with homemade sauce and meat from my coworker's steer, eggplant parmesan made with fairytale eggplants straight from the garden today (I picked 10 today and used 7), followed by fresh peach pie with peaches from Colorado...Yum!

Tomorrow is my dog training class so I spent part of the day figuring out what to do. We're coming to the end of class so I want to introduce something fun. Trixie thinks this piece of agility equipment will work just fine!
Traeh and Trixie knew right away what was up. I couldn't keep them out of it! I tried to get Bryn through but the other two kept running in. I did finally succeed and also got Candy in who had never done it before. 
This is the start of fair week so Emma is super busy getting her goats and lambs ready. They have to be clipped just so and tonight was the lambs' turn. Her boyfriend, Lee, is helping her. He showed lambs for years and is now too old to...

The garden is crazy right now and it's not weeds making it crazy - it's growing vegetables!!! Unfortunately it seems a raccoon has also discovered our sweet corn that is getting close to harvest. We discovered 2 ears shredded. I'm hoping the dogs will discourage this behavior!
Look at these pictures of the garden - beautiful! Can't wait for more veggies to be ready to harvest. Today I picked 10 eggplants, 2 tomatoes, 1 yellow crookneck squash (the first). But I saw butternut squash, lots of watermelons, loads of tomatoes, potatoes,....Beans haven't even flowered yet but I'm hoping some day...








No comments:

Post a Comment