Friday, January 3, 2014

riday, Jan 3

I just had to pull over as soon as I got out on the road this morning. It was a beautiful sunrise - such wonderful color this morning!


I found out Monday morning that if you don't pull over right away for a picture, the colors fade quickly and your shot is gone.


Slow day at work. In fact I left about 1:30 for the rest of the day since I worked Tuesday on my day off. I spent an hour and a half shaving down Gloria's dog "Phibby". Gloria has worked for me in the kennel since it opened and she is boarding all her (5) dogs here for a few days while they are having Christmas in North Dakota. Phibby is a rescue shih tzu who does not allow them to shave him. Also he tends to get into cockleburs so he was a mess. We have to put him under to shave him. I just wish she would do it more than once a year. Poor boy!
Cold today again, very windy. We watched the snow being blown around from the windows in the clinic. The govenor has decided to close all state schools Monday because of the cold. It is supposed to be a high of -15 with a windchill of about -30 and lower. That also means my first yoga class is cancelled. Glad I don't have puppy class. I moved that to Wednesday for two weeks. 
Kennel is pretty full. Annika who was supposed to work tonight, couldn't get her car started so Emily did kennels for me since I had gone home. Tomorrow I work in the clinic and Emily has to do kennels for me again. I have kennels tomorrow night and Sunday night. One of those weekends where no one can work. Tony went up to Alexandria to go ice fishing in a $20,000 ice house where they have satellite TV and keep the temp at 60 degrees. Annika is one of the wrestling managers for high school so they have matches on Saturday's. Keely can't work Saturday and Gloria is in North Dakota. Some days I am tempted to go work in the kennel outside of Blooming Prairie. I wouldn't be in charge and have to hire and fire people. I also wouldn't have to cover when someone didn't show up!
Wind is howling outside even though the temp is 22 degrees. Tomorrow might prove interesting driving with snow drifts.Today was only bad in Clarks Grove itself. Dogs are making really quick trips outside to potty, then back in to claim a spot on the pillows.


One last picture before I go. The sunset tonight was just as awesome as the sunrise. I stepped outside on the steps only since it was SO COLD!

The only thing that could be better is to have this sunset somewhere warmer, perhaps? Hmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment