Just a quick blog. Today started out nice and cool. On my way to work I noticed one thing standing in the road. I thought it might be a large dog, but when I got closer I found out it was a fawn. Her mother was standing on the side and I hadn't seen her. They raced alongside the car, but in in the ditch, not on the road. Very shortly they found a gap in the corn growing alongside the road and headed into the middle.
That was a nice beginning, but it was to get better. A little further down the road, I saw a large bird perched on top of a telephone wire. I'm used to seeing hawks on the way to work but this looked different. Imagine my amazement when I discovered it was an owl! It was about 6:45am and the owl was facing east while the sun was coming up. He was looking around and blinking his great gold eyes. I so wished I could stop and look at him for a while but, of course, it's Thursday and I had to be at work by 7. I'm also pretty sure he would have flown away as soon as I slowed down or stopped.
Surgery day but it was also filled with boarders coming in as well as helping with appointments. Busy day - 2 dentals and one surgery to remove a cancerous growth next to the eye on a German Shepherd. 7 dogs came in to board and I had to get the check in's ready for the 9 dogs coming in tomorrow. Also had a last minute Guinea pig boarder. Yes, really. "Squeaky" has boarded one other time. She's really no trouble and not every body has a neighbor or friend they can ask. That's why I do it. Of course all my coworkers think I'm crazy, but I've been there looking for a place for my pets before.
Home late as usual. Jacky will probably cut hay tomorrow. I'm worn out from making jerky, zucchini bread, and freezing peaches. It's that time of the year, and I must say, one of my favorite things to do is put food away for winter. Can't say I'm completely happy with 2 or 3 zucchini's ready every day. What to do, what to do. How many ways can you fix zucchini?
Great blog,. Emma place looks very nice. Loved the Duluth pictures. Doing this comment on my iPad. How about that..
ReplyDelete