Sunday, August 18, 2013

Weekend!

Hey, a lovely too fast weekend with Emma home. Saturday afternoon was a baby shower for Emma's friend Ashley and baby Wyatt. He was born on the Fourth of July. Emma is Wyatt's godmother so she had to come down to see him. She doesn't have any experience holding babies so it was fun watching her learn. I got to hold him too, yeah, you don't forget how. He slept through the whole thing. I guess his days and nights are mixed up. Glad I get to sleep through the night!

 

 

Emma will have to find some goat themed clothes for Wyatt. Ashley is Emma's friend as into goats as she is! Emma got to visit some of her goats she had sold to Ashley. I wish I could have seen them too, and the kids they had this year. But I don't want them back! Too much work.

I'm going to try to post a short video I did this morning. Sometimes this doesn't work. I was cleaning the yard and observed this wasp going about her business. She was excavating a hole, probably to lay an egg in with a paralyzed spider or some such insect to feed her offspring when it hatched, for lack of a better word. I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time. Only thing I needed was a tripod!

 

I forgot the iPad won't let me put a video on. I may try Facebook.

Emma took a few zucchini and lots of cherry tomatoes home with her... Gimli helped.

Anna's done a couple of posts from New Zealand - whoo hooo! Glad she's having such a good time. If they could just cool it on the earthquakes while she's there...

Had to run to the clinic once yesterday and three times today. Midday is eye ointment for "Eyes" the dog (yes, really ). Morning and night is insulin injections for a miniature schnauzer named "Sayge". Just don't trust anyone else to 1) remember and 2) do the right dosage. This dog has never boarded before so it's not like I have to do it every weekend. It just seems that way....

 

1 comment: