Friday, March 8, 2013

Not the End of the Week

It's Friday folks! But for me, I still have tomorrow before my work week is over. Can't complain - I had Monday afternoon and Tuesday off. Started off the day just helping to answer phone, and go in a few appointments. There's always someone who comes in and needs a tech to talk to (a person to listen to them!). It's fine when there's enough people to answer the phones etc...but some (especially older people) come in just wanting someone to talk to about what's going on in their lives.I think I do pretty well and am a good listener. Some of my fellow techs aren't very good - because they want to talk about themselves only.
I've been taking quite a few pictures on the way to work. Beside the sometimes nice sunrises, there is often fog or freezing fog, or hoarfrost that disappears quickly as the morning goes on. Often by 8 or 9! These were taken in the past week...
DSCN2341
Nice fog! This is the area know as the 'turkey trees' where (obviously) wild turkeys used to be seen, and close to where I sometimes see deer.
DSCN2368

This was taken the same day. If you look close you can see the snowline.

DSCN2356

Here is one of our trees in the front yard covered with hoarfrost. The picture didn't transfer well though.
DSCN2370

Finally this was taken yesterday morning. Looks pretty...bleak, right? The sun does glow nicely off the snow though. Pam compared my pictures to the ocean, with the wave action seen in the wind blown snow...

As for animals today...I've had all I want of the boarding dogs for Spring Break. You never saw such badly mannered creatures. Cooper and Thor knocked all their food all over the floor when I tried to get them out for lunch. I can barely keep my feet while holding onto their leashes. Then there's Beckett, a schnauzer mix who is a non stop high-pitched barker and panter. Buttons, the 4# yorkie, cannot hold her pottiness so there's always cleanup (although she's so cute I don't care). When I go to pick her up, she turns away from me and backs into my legs so I can pick her up! Her owner says she never taught her that...Charley the wirehaired pointer is getting a little better about pulling but the kennel help do not even try to make them behave. There's Max A., Jake, Sammy, Sydney, Chester, Tug, Charley, Charley (yes, there's 2), Calvin, Max H., Lexi, Beckett, Isaac, Buttons, Dakota, Swiffer, Bruno, Thor, Cooper, Oreo, Samantha....I really hope that's it. Presley and Ruby come in tomorrow but 3 leave. Can't wait until Monday when they all go home!!!
Better go. Made chicken in the crock pot and I still have to put up the leftovers. I added butter, minced garlic, and white wine. Simple, but it's quite yummy! Then to bed since I have to leave by 6:30. Possible freezing rain tomorrow morning...yay....

No comments:

Post a Comment