Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday

Monday morning and back to work. By 8:30 I had started getting bags of iron ready to ship, started a mastitis (for a milk bulk tank) culture, checked in the one boarder coming in, helped draw blood from a surgery dog, settled things with my kennel assistant....All in the first hour.
Things got slower from there of course, but it was a hectic start to the week. Mostly worked on shipping in the morning - the iron as well as vaccines (did not have to mix, thank goodness), And a box that included  a gallon of antibiotic (for baby pigs, to be added to drinking water) and more vaccines.
For lunch was the chicken and ham gumbo I made yesterday in honor of the Superbowl in Louisiana last night. It turned out very well!



Do you notice the okra in this picture? Gumbo isn't gumbo without okra!! Of course I had okra in mine too!


 The afternoon was spent checking out the boarders, and filing papers mostly. I get 2 days off this week since I worked on Saturday. Jacky and I got home at the same time. While he went out in the snow to feed the horses and llamas, I went inside and fed the dogs. Traeh, Gertie, Casey and Magic now get a raw food patty that is made of ground up meat as well as bones. I really like this Natures Variety but it is too expensive to feed to all the dogs. We've tried Lamb, Duck, Bison, and Venison. To say it disappears down their throats quickly is an understatement.

Instinct Raw Frozen Diet for Dogs and Cats:  Lamb Formula

 The others get a grain free dry food (Canidae this time) with raw ground turkey. They do eat quite well in this house. Little ZuZu's coat is starting to get soft and shiny. She still needs to put on a little weight but we don't want her to go too far the other way!






The kittens got to be outside for the afternoon but they were waiting when we got home. Right now they're hiding under a blanket on the floor, moving it all around. After a long nap, they are wide awake but soon will have to go in the cat cage for the night. We need to get a little sleep at night! The poor horses and ponies haven't been out for days because it's too slippery. At the clinic we've had a couple of people call with horses down from the ice. At least one of them had to be put down. Since the barns are on the top of hills, the horses and ponies have to be on slippery slopes to go in and out. Too dangerous right now.

I'll try to get a little house work done tomorrow. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment