HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA!!!!
Monday! Back to the routine. Emma left yesterday so the house is now quiet. Jacky and I have been trying to eat all the extra food in the house so Lori can get that trim figure back again...Lunch was leftover stir fry and supper was stroganof made from leftover beef strips. I used Hungarian paprika and it was wonderful! We both ate too much though.
Not too busy at work. Only 4 dogs were boarding and they left pretty early. I was float and ended up getting together an order for a pork producer. 2 bags of Iron for baby piglets - I had to add Penicillin and Vitamin B (which smells like nutritional yeast and stains your skin orange!). The Vitamin B is an appetite stimulant and iron is for anemia. It's a big problem in baby pigs and expensive. Each bag costs them about $200. I try not to think how expensive some of the product is that I have to mix. Because if I goof up, that's lots of dollars someone has to pay for! I had to get 2 boxes of estrumate (brings females into heat), 4 bottles of oral Vitamin D, 3 gallons of disinfectant and then I had to find a bottle of MJ PRRS vaccine. Finally I had to mix up vaccine. First I thought it was one product that we didn't have enough of. After a couple of hours, Pam was talking to me and we realized it was a different vaccine that had to be mixed up. So I got that all together. It takes me a while because I don't do it very often. I'm always afraid of messing up because each pork grower gets something different. With help, I finally figured it all out and made it up with about an hour to spare.
That took up all morning. Mike was busy with an ACL surgery and I had lots of laundry - still from holidays. This afternoon I was kept busy trying to fix the blood chemistry machines. Pam hadn't been keeping up with weekly maintenance and the machines start refusing to work. She was busy in surgery so I tackled the IDEXX machines and finally got everything taken care of. Helped Mike take x rays of a labradoodle who may have swallowed a rubber ball. When I left work, he and Pam were tackling exploratory surgery to see if they could find that ball.
Had 1 behavioral consult. Wish I could charge money for these! Someone adopted a labradoodle on Saturday and it wants to eat her cats....hmmmm. I told her the 10 month old could be trained but it would take a strong commitment and leadership (as well as a crate). The new owner and husband had already thought about taking the dog back but they did like him. I told her if they kept him I could help with obedience lessons. Called Jill about the mini dachshund Zoey that I might be getting. She hasn't heard back from her husbands cousin so we'll see. This dog has gotten the short end of a divorce and is being ignored. They won't pay attention to her and she has accidents because they're not paying attention to her - and then they yell at her and crate her all day...Jill says she's the sweetest dog. And then Julie called about our private obedience lesson tomorrow and wanted to get a prong collar. I told her to wait since she has a chain training collar which is what I prefer.
My day off tomorrow is not off I guess. I have to go in for training on the new digital xray machine. 3 hours long...last week I fell asleep during training. Maybe I'll be more awake in the morning!
See you tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment