I'm trying to get back here again. Right now I can't put any photos on my blog but, I don't really have the time anyway.
Thursday again. No surgeries so I didn't get to participate in my favorite activity. Next week there's an ACL surgery on my Thursday though so I really really hope they don't move it!
Instead I kept busy with other things. I had to do kennels since there weren't enough dogs to warrant Tony coming out. Max, whose dad is taking a travel group down the Panama Canal (Larry works for a travel agency. His blog is great - http://w.angelfire.com/mn/4seasons/PANAMA12.html ). Also Louie, a chocolate lab who had severe entropion on both eyes and had surgery to correct that Monday. Entropion is where the eyelids turn inwards toward the eyeball and the eyelashes literally rub against the eyeball. It is extremely painful and this poor dog came in squinting. He was also very nervous and growly. After the surgery, which involves cutting out a piece of eyelid and suturing the eyelids, Louie could see again without pain and became a completely different dog. Now he wags his tail and jumps all over me when he sees me. Much better! Sometimes it's not the dogs temperament but a medical condition that makes them aggressive or defensive.
That was all the boarders until Sophie came in. She's an apricot miniature poodle that had a penrose drain in that we had to take out today. The dog had been bitten by a family members dog over Thanksgiving and had a penrose drain put in, which is a rubber collapsible tube that enables serum and infection to drain out of the wound to allow healing to take place. This dog was a rescue who had been adopted last year. A beautiful calm purebred poodle found wandering on the street of Minneapolis. I really don't understand people. I'm glad she found this special lady to love her.
Other things - sterilized bottles of water, sterilized plastic bottles, answered phones, did laundry, changed the outside mercury light, just this and that...
Speaking of dogs....I came home at lunch and found a house full of poo. All 10 dogs ( or most of them) had gone potty while I was at work. Possibly because it was raining (Yea!) this morning and I left earlier than usual since Jacky left at 5:15 and I left at 6:30. So it was dark also. I was not happy at all and had to spend my lunch hour cleaning the floor. Plus I had to move horses and llamas outside at noon since it was raining when I left this morning. SueBee and Piper had accidently closed the gate which prevented them from going outside. It meant that they were stuck inside the barn while poor Brandy was stuck outside in the rain,. Oh well, everyone survived and Jacky got home at 4:30 so he got to clean up the barns (sorry!).
Jacky fixed hamburger patties on the forman grill tonight. They were very good. Aren sent me a picture of Truely curled up next to Cedric. Looks like they're getting along! That makes me feel good. I love my two kitten boys. It's true nothing is safe, but they come find you when they want to nap, they know their names (Eli and Sambo), and they purr like crazy when you hold them. Must say I'm happier with them today then with the dogs! Hope tomorrow goes better. Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment