Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Renaissance Festival!
Festival time again! This time Ben and Maggie were with us for a few days while on the way to Duluth so they came with us, Aren and Becky drove down from Duluth, Anna came from St. Paul, and Emma brought a carload of "Cobbers" from Moorhead. Phew! Hard to actually catch up to everyone. But it was a beautiful day - cool and breezy - and if you're wearing a full skirt , feels really good! As you can see from the photos, some of us were dressed up, and others wouldn't quite get in the mood...
Here we are in the parking lot. As you can see, we brought Candy and Magic. Lots of paperwork to get into the festival but I'm glad we did. They were such conversation starters and obviously lots of people either had, or have, schnauzers. Lots and lots of attention, and both dogs did great!
Ben and Maggie look the part, of course. They've been doing this for a lot longer then the rest of us...
Aren got his turkey leg, like always -
Here's a good one of him and Becky. Course, can't see their eyes. So I don't know what they're thinking...Maybe "What a crazy lady!"
Anna was soooo happy to have Magic with her -
Emma and Lee made quite a couple - don't you like the parasol? Emma was hot...
I guess you need one of Candy too -
Looks like I take lots of pictures of family - of course! There were a few other photos but not as many. I ran out of battery (after lunch, obviously). We did and saw lots of fun things - not the least was the free beer tasting offered by - Schell! Yep, a few of us had trouble carrying our weight but it was interesting hearing about the history of the various beers and tasting them. Some were quite different from others! We also watched a little of the sheepdog herding demos like we watched last year. Of course I enjoy that!!!! Mostly it's fun to people/costume watch see the sights. I'd like to make this an annual tradition but I imagine it will become difficult as everyone slowly leaves the area. Well, we'll have to enjoy it while we can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment