Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Canning! (again)

Ok, sounds like a broken record. Same story as Saturday (if I had written a blog for Saturday). Loads of tomatoes, now corn, beans....A run to Albert Lea for more onions, garlic, parsley....I've gotten a lot of tomatoes from Lee and also our own our still coming strong. The last corn is slightly overripe but still good. However, that means the corn can't wait. The beans are getting over ripe but will have to wait a little longer. My watermelons are sitting in the garden because there's no room in the fridge. I hope I don't lose them like I did the cantaloupe. Here's what my kitchen looks like tonight -



Here's the 6 pints (only!) of tomato sauce I finished tonight.



Here's some of the purple and a regular Cascade potato next to it -


Lee and his mother, Beth, came over to pick up their buckets and brought me more tomatoes. Beth is done canning and freezing and doesn't want to see another tomato for a very long time...Lol. She had always wanted to plant purple potatoes and never had so we walked out to the garden and dug some up. I guess Lee is getting purple mashed potatoes for supper tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment