Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Owatonna

Just a quick post. My day off so we went to Owatonna for an eye appointment and, of course, to get our shopping done. The roads were awful! Lots of ice. I35 was not too bad going in.
Got lots done. We stopped at Wellls Fargo bank. I am always in awe of the beauty of that building. I wish I could bring my mother to see it. You just don't see that art and arcvhetecture very often, expecially not in small towns. I had two mason jars full of coins I wanted counted. They have machines that they just pour the coins in. When the teller came back and told me how much it came to, I could not believe it - $156 !!! I guess I did have a lot of quarters - but still! Time to start over again. It has been over a year since they were empty, but obviously worth putting those coins aside!
The eye appointment took over two hours. I ended up ordering new glasses and I actually like them for a change. I also got new sunglasses that fit over my regular glasses. They are called 'cocoons'. Neat name! I want everything here for when I leave for Florida.
The wind had really picked up when we started home. I35 was no longer much fun and you could really see how tall the snow drifts had been across the interstate last week. I'm not sure you can tell in my pictures but if you look close, you can see the cut away drift.



Look at the size of the snow piles as we get off the interstate -


The rural roads were even worse. Here's the road from Ellendale to our house


I think it looks like Siberia!

Here's our house. Do you like how you can't tell where the ditch starts and the road ends? You had better have a good idea where that road should be!


Thankfully we got home with no problems due to Jacky's excellent driving skills. I may need those skills tomorrow afternoon as we will be under another blizzard warning....Boy are we all tired of this!!

1 comment:

  1. Liked your blog. Nice pictures on your way home. I did get out myself, haircut and clinic. No food, but I,m still ok. - carol next door will get things for me.

    ReplyDelete