Well, I made it to work. Just light rain so far but the big storm was on the way.
Had two surgeries....one dental and one pyrometra surgery, which is an infected uterus. The dental started out very badly. The six year old dog stopped breathing when we put him under. And his heart stopped. So Jen gave a shot of epinephrine while I bagged him. That means I manually pushed oxygen into his lungs periodically. Luckily this doesn't happen very often, but it has happened before when I have been cleaning teeth or helping with a surgery. Anyway, the dog recovered fine, Jen ended up having to take his upper molar out by sawing it in half with wire and alls well that ends well.
The pyrometra went ok too, just difficult because of fat. Fat tends to bleed a lot and makes the tissue tear. It can make for a very tricky surgery too. I ended up 'gloving up' to help hold fat out of the incision area so Mike could tie off the uterus.
Both dogs were picked up by their owners about 2 or 3 hours early because of the weather. I had to clean up after the surgeries, get charges in, and get papers ready for boarders coming in tomorrow. Then I left early myself about 3. The roads were awful and I had to creep home. That winter storm had come in while I was working and it was totally white out. Also had some slush starting on the road so it was slippery.
I took some pictures before it got dark. Wet snow and white out conditions still are good for photos!
Where did the corn fields disappear to behind my pastures?
Candy is standing under the tree.
Willie, Trixie, and Bryn are hoping I'm going into the horse barn...
A few animals in the snow pictures...
Trixie
JuJu
Spook
And then the snow dogs that have to be dried off inside...
Candy
Will
Now the wind has started up and I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to work tomorrow. It will probably still be pretty though so I might have to take more pictures!














Good blog, Lori! Glad you put on the pictures. Loved it!! Also liked your surgery stories. Like to read what you do. Thanks!!
ReplyDelete