Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Back to Writing (I hope)

Busy, busy, busy. I'll try to play a little catch up. Today was a nice day for a change. While leaving the driveway this morning I took a picture of a full moon still up in the western sky. At the same time in the eastern sky the sun was coming up! Weird.

Moon at 7:15 am

Sunrise at 7:20 am


Short morning, I had a doctor's appointment to check out my back problem. Every evening severe cramps in the calf and thigh. Numbness in my foot. Diagnosis? Pinched nerve, possible partial disc rupture. Treatment? exercises, maybe physical therapy.
Not too busy a day. The closer it gets to a major holiday, the less appointments and surgeries there are.Trying to get the kennel all organized for Christmas and New Year. With 4 Humane Society dogs still boarding, I had to talk to Christa, the head of the H.S., to find out how long they would be there. Two will go to a rescue tomorrow, one Monday and one end of week to the shelter. Bulldog, mixes. All big dogs.
A couple of ear appointments. One cat with ear mites, one dog with bacteria and yeast. then one farm cat with probable distemper. Unfortunately that cat will probably not make it, and the other cats on the farm may die too. That's what happens when farm cats are not vaccinated.
Of course right before 5 was an emergency. A client had slammed the door at home and caught her dog's tail in the door. Unfortunately for the dog, it had taken the tip of the tail right off. We were able to sedate the dog and sew up the tip but not before the dog had splattered blood from the entrance way, to the waiting area, to the exam room, to the treatment room. So had to stay after a little to do some clean up!

For those of you who do not know, I have a new rescue puppy. "Bunny" is a 3 pound teacup Yorkshire Terrier. She was surrendered to rescue because the owner let her in with her horses and Bunny ended up with a broken leg. Because it was broken at the elbow and the leg is soooo small, it was thought the leg would have to be amputated. The previous owner couldn't (i.e. wouldn't) pay for surgery so she surrendered it. I was asked to take the dog myself, if I would pay for treatment. So I did. The leg has been splinted instead and Bunny is doing well. She hops everywhere with her splint on. Her ears were both infected from what I believe was an attempt at pierced ears (really!). She also was not house trained and had urine scald from having to wear a doggy diaper that wasn't changed often. Ok, the house training isn't going the best, but remember, she weighs 3 pounds! and it has been extremely cold. We are definately making improvements though.

Bunny with her new coat that fits around the splint



Monday - an emergency c-section on a 200 pound English Mastiff at 5:00. Happy ending - 15 live pupppies! It did mess up my puppy class though. I am glad I don't have to clean up after 15 mastiff puppies for 8 weeks! And I heard she has another mastiff litter of 16 at home! Some people are nuts. Ok, nuttier than me.

Jacky surprised me with a Christmas tree up in the living room, Christmas lights up and on outside and the wreaths up outside. Thank you Santa Jacky!

No comments:

Post a Comment