Well, I only worked for half a day today. Since I worked Saturday, I had a half day off coming to me and there really wasn't much going on. Holly was doing her training on the new software for Intravet , which takes 4 long hours. I did mine 2 weeks ago. So I had just a few boarding sheets to get ready for tomorrow and Monday.
Checked in with Tony. He was able to get the surgery husky outside. His owner was absolutely sure that we had to keep a muzzle on him all night and morning until surgery. According to her, he was extremely aggressive, although he had never bitten anyone. Well, Pam got him back to the kennels yesterday without problem, and even took the muzzle off. Tony was able to take him outside and put him back in without problem. It really makes me angry that owners can blow up behaviors and cause a whole lot more bad behaviors by their own actions. And the owners really believe it too. Their feelings transmit to the dog who reacts either aggressively or defensively because they can feel the owners emotions.
Also in the kennel was a little white American Eskimo spitz. She has stayed with us a few times but is always a caution dog. She will not eat, drink, pee or poop the whole time she stays with us. Tony walked her twice and was concerned he couldn't get her to potty until I told him it was normal for her. You definitely have to be careful around her though.
Then there's "Bette", an out of control fat lab. Her owner is just as nuts as she is and I have no patience with this dog. First thing she does is tip her water bowl over and then jumps and barks nonstop. Tony actually found her water bowl outside her kennel, a 6 foot door she had to get it over somehow.
Other dogs staying are "Silas", another husky, "Clark" the Humane society Rottweiler Pitbull mix, "Charlie" the bichon mix, and "Eyes" the lab mix with eye problems ( really ). Tomorrow will come Coco the wire haired pointer, "Gypsy" a terrier mix, and "Zoey" a west highland terrier.
Other than the kennel, I just helped customers up front and answered the phone. Tried to stay off my feet because of sciatica. Yesterday was tough because I was on my feet all day. I went home after the first two techs got back from lunch. Jacky had just taken hamburgers off the grill when I drove up. Nice weather, and we had to take advantage of it! The hamburger was wonderful!
Relaxed this afternoon. I had to feed the birds - the woodpeckers kept looking for suet. Of course starlings arrived right away, but I also saw the nuthatch and woodpeckers come. It gets dark pretty early now but I started supper and it was ready by 5:30 because it felt late! I made a Kraft recipe called Santa Fe chicken Enchilada Soup. It was soooo good. I added a few things that other reviewers had added and it made it quite spicy! Also use that wonderful Jenny O turkey tenderloins instead of chicken. Boy oh boy, so good?
Tomorrow we drive to Duluth to pick up Aren's motorcycle. Up and back in one day so it will be long. I hope my back and leg doesn't bother me too much but I love going to Duluth- and of course seeing Aren and Becky!
Glad you are back on the Blog. This was a good one again. I like to hear about your "borders". Hope you had a good day at Duluth.
ReplyDelete