Full day in Duluth. First we went down to Canal Park to see the Tall Ships in town. We were lucky to get there just in time for some of them to go under the lift bridge. Last night the ships were all in dock. Much better out on the water, and with their sails up! There were lots of small boats everywhere around the ships, kind of annoying when you're trying to get good pictures.
They put their sails up after they got out of the harbor. These ships were taking tourists out for a two hour ride. Tickets for these ship rides were sold out months ago. Unfortunately it's been raining for the first two days of the festival. Hope people didn't get too wet!
Anna and Aren!
After looking at the ships, we went north up the shore. Becky had to work at Teavana so we stopped there first to sample teas. They were all wonderful and I don't know how anyone makes a decision as to what to drink.
Stopped at Russ Kendall's for smoked fish (of course!) and then on to Gooseberry Falls State Park. It's been years since I've been there and the weather was great. Still, there were lots of people there too but I got quite a few pictures until my battery ran out. Of course, then I just switched to Jacky's...
Back to Duluth and a side trip to Hawk's Ridge. Stunning view of the North Shore!
On to Fargo tomorrow.










No comments:
Post a Comment