Long day. Started at 5:30, work at 7:15, finish work at 5:15, start last dog training class at 6:15 and end it at 8:15. Home at 9:00 and the girls weren't home so animals weren't fed and put up. Jacky putting up our first corn so I went out in the near dark and put away the animals for the night. Got on the computer and Ben was on so spent a few with him (he was ready for bed) and girls came home (Anna from Mankato, Emma from Lee's house). Phew! and tomorrow is my long day...
Last day of training went very well. I had everyone fill out an evaluation form and looked at them tonight too. Everyone seemed to enjoy the .8 weeks of class. I know they've made a lot of progress but they also have a ways to go. All the feedback was positive and they are almost all going to come to my 'extension' classes. I'm adding another 4 weeks to get ready for the Canine Good Citizen Test, hopefully middle of September. We start that next Wednesday night because I'm starting another "Dog Manners 101" on Monday again for another 8 weeks. Also 3 of my students from this class recommended me to friends so 4 dogs in my new class are there because of these first students. I hope I'm deserving of this! We've had a whole lot of fun and sometimes my insights into the dogs have surprised the students, and even me when they turned out so true!
Tomorrow will be a super busy day - and ACL surgery, an entropion surgery (where the eyelids are turned in and the eyelashes rub on the eyeball), plus a cat neuter and a dog spay. I'm also trying to fix the boarding mess my coworkers made in the 4 days I was gone (just Saturday, Sunday, off Monday for Livestock interviews in Owatonna, and Tuesday my day off). I came in this morning and they're like, "Lori, you better look at the boarding, I think we're over booked!". Well, yes and no and it took all morning to straighten it out. We are quite full with a waiting list. and one of my regulars went somewhere else because we had no room. Another regular called today and expected to get in this weekend. I forgot to call her back but I really don't know where I'd stash her dog....
Better get to bed. Hopefully will talk to you tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment