Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Barn Swallows

Ooh, been so busy lately. Today was actually a pretty slow day at work so I was able to catch up, or start catching up on a few things. I did spend a few minutes watching and taking pictures of a family of barn swallows outside our front window. They made a mess of the window, but I figure we can clean up after they fledge. You can tell they aren't far from leaving the nest! Actually they have left for flying practice and then come back for meals and sleeping.
My new camera does a pretty good job! I have to show this last picture. When I started clicking the shutter to take the picture, I had a perfect line up of orange mouths. But by the time the picture actually took, the parent was in the middle feeding someone. When the picture was done, the parent had already left - fast work! And hungry babies to feed!

Had dog training class tonight. This is my first class which is taking another 4 weeks to get ready for the Canine Good Citizen Test. Everyone is doing great and I am very proud of all of them. I think they had fun too. My new class which met Monday for the first time will be a challenge - at least some of them. I have a 6 year old lab and a 4 year old Airedale Terrier - same owner. Totally out of control and well established bad behavior. I had to put a training collar on right away so the Airedale wouldn't eat the 'poochon'! I guess the poochon is a cross between a poodle and a bichon frise. I will have my work cut out for me and I know I don't get paid enough for this! But I do it so the owners and dogs have a better life together.


Airedale Terrier



Poochon

Busy surgery day tomorrow. Dental on a 3 pound papillion, glucose curve on a diabetic cat, OFA xrays for registration of a registered dog, scraping the corneas (on the eyes) on a cat, a finally a pyometra (infected uterus on a female dog).
Won't get much else done I guess but it's job security!

No comments:

Post a Comment