Well, I was going to take the morning off but Megan was sick still so I went in. I left Jacky to help the farrier. Megan did end up combining later this morning which was good!
My only surgery was a goat castration. In 4h the kids can only show castrated animals (for safety). This one was a Nubian goat, the same breed we raised and showed for years. I took a picture of him just for Emma.
Here he is waking up. I had to call the owner shortly after this picture was taken. The goat was being extremely loud and we had horses in and out of the barn all day. Most horses are not used to loud bleating goats! Not conducive to calmness.
Other than that, this was a lab work day. I met myself coming and going. Not too different from yesterday - Heartworm tests, mixing of pig vaccines, fecal tests, Lyme tests, thyroid tests. It seems every appointment had lab work. Megan, as appointment tech, was also doing lab work. It got quite crowded. In between I tried to match Heartworm test tubes with our clients. Still not finished....
Oh yes, hired another kennel person. A high school boy who lives in Clark's Grove. He also works at the one gas station in town so I hope this works out. He's off to Las Vegas for a few days with his family so he will start the end of next week. I have another interview tomorrow but I'm afraid she lives a little too far. We'll see. But interviewing, hiring, and training takes a lot of my time. Which I have very little of right now.
Home. Had to top off the bird feeders. Along with the hundreds of starlings and grackles and sparrows, I'm starting to see some good species. Red headed woodpeckers, Rose breasted Grosbeak, chipping sparrows, and the first goldfinch of the year. I heard someone already has orioles, even though I think it's a little chilly. I put out my first hummingbird (oriole) feeder Sunday so at least I'm ready! I love this time of year!




I did read this last week, but did not comment. Great pictures again!!
ReplyDelete