Busy Thursday, as usual. Holly's on vacation so one more person short and we are already short on Thursdays. I did the kennels since there were only four dogs. But then I had a c section on a bulldog. It's a long surgery plus we had the owners in the room, which always complicates things. But we had four live puppies in the end so that was good. My spay/dental/shave dog (a poodle dachshund mix !) Mike and Pam started and , of course, saved the shaving for me. Got done with that at 12 and Jen and I went out for Mexican food to cool off, or down, since I was a little peeved at Mike and Pam.
Came back only to have Mike say we were doing a foreign body surgery on a cattle dog who had lost 15 pounds. The owners had waited too long, but we got a piece of rubber out of the intestine. The dog had had problems for a while because his intestines were all in a ball, wrapped up tight with tissue and such. Tricky surgery and the dog may not do well. We'll see.
Pit bull puppy in the barn , he's positive for parvovirus virus which is highly contagious and deadly. He's actually ready to go home but the owner came to pick him up and had to leave him. The bill was almost $400 and she had $5 in her purse with no credit cards (she doesn't believe in them) and no checking account. Oh, she should get paid in 5-10 days so she can pay then...do you really think she would come back? So we keep the dog until she brings at least 1/3 of the total bill. 'Serious' , that's the dog's name, is feeling better and is extremely noisy!
Then came cleaning. No cleaning lady anymore, it's all us. So I had to do all my instruments, sterilize, clean the surgery room, the lab, vacuum, and mop floors. I left for home at 7....and tomorrow I open up at 7. Glad every day isn't this busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment