Thursday, April 26, 2012

Vaccination Clinic Time!

Today's a busy day. I'm surgery tech which, on Thursday's has kept me very busy. Then tonight we have our second vaccination clinic. However it's already late so I'm going to post a few pictures Samantha was kind enough to take so I can go to bed tonight. Up at 5:15  to start a busy day again. I'll try to write more this weekend...
That's me, second from the left, seated at the table. I'm one of two of us that takes money for the products and shots people need today. Many people have multiple animals so it can take a while. Each animal has a slip filled out for it. I often have to fill out checks for people or hold dogs while owners write checks. Pulling dogs do not make for neat handwriting!
This is a picture of the outside of our clinic with the line going out to the road. We have people go in one door of our barn, and out the other door.
More people in line. Surprising there's not too many dog problems in line. I am constantly amazed though how many people carry their cats in their arms through this activity. They may be standing in line next to cat-eating dogs!!!!
Dr. Jennifer Bauer (in pink) is waiting for the next victim. Dr. Dennis Nelson is in the background. Tonight we had all 4 doctors working which makes the line move faster. There were some screamers though, and it really echos in the barn. Screamers are dogs that literally scream when the doctor vaccinates them, or draws blood. It tends to make clients give little nervous laughs as they worry that their dog will react the same way.
Just to show the cars lined up on the road as our parking lot isn't big enough. I never get to see this sight as I'm on duty inside... One more clinic in a week and a half. Can't wait until it's over.

1 comment:

  1. Great, Lori! It is interesting to see how it all goes. Good for you to keep this record.

    ReplyDelete